Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cult of Luna

Last night was Cult of Luna, band that not many have heard of... but should!

I went in a bit early to laze around, dig the vibe and enjoy a beer. By 7pm, nobody was lining up... which I thought a bit odd. I walked around some more, ran into three guys who were heading there and so we walked over... and there was STILL nobody around. We waited, and eventually a few people rocked up and then they opened the doors.

Now, I know CoL isn't really well known, but I didn't know to THAT extent, such that I've seen bigger crowds for local gigs. :/ It was quite sad actually, but, us that were there was incredibly excited for the gig to start.

I ran into a few folk I had met at previous shows, as well as the dude who is ALWAYS relied on to be there wherever EHRL are playing. It's quite nice, to have a friend who you know you'll only see at particular concerts.

EHRL played, (still no Swarming, I want to hear that song live ;__;). Played a rocking set and then made way for CoL. Let me just say, they put on one hell of an intense show. They showed no emotion yet you could hear it only through their instruments. I was right up at the stage, so was able to take some neat photos with my camera phone.





The gig ended with a terrific track of increasing notes, to a final climax and then waved themselves off the stage to many cheers. I managed to take a setlist, and my friend managed to get the other one! Also bought a $10 CoL bag, which shall be good for Uni times.



^__^

Was a good night! Afterwards I trekked my way by train to Murdoch station, and realised my bus had finished running, to which then two fellow concert go-ers I had been chatting to on the train offered me a lift back, which was very nice. I wasn't keen on a half hour walk after the show. Got back home: thinking about the next show to happen: SOUNDWAVE!

:)

1 comment:

Elias said...

SOOOUNDWAAAAAAVE!!

Good to hear you had a good time =D