Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Long time no.. write.

I logged onto the ol' MySpace today with the aim of deleting it, as it is very old and very much unused... but I couldn't. All those nights I spent blogging... and getting to know people. Social networking... at least I don't have to clutter my bookcases with any of it.

I have started another blog that is keeping up with my Honours progress, linked somewhere somehow on my profile I assume... it won't be interesting, but at least it'll let people know I'm still alive when the thesis writing begins.

Today has been my first day alone in a long, long time. Since... since January, I would dare say. It has been nice... I got a lot done today... and now I am sitting here listening to DT, drinking a forbidden yet delicious soft drink and trying to think of what to mention in my first blog in what must be forever.

I think I was a lot happier back in my early years of Uni. My writings definately reflects that. My marks have improved ten-fold, but I'm not enjoying things as I used to. Every day seemed wonderful. But I guess this is just a classic case of looking upon the past with rose-coloured spectacles.

I miss Science... I miss textbooks, and notes, and countless lectures and labs. This journey with Philosophy will not last, as I am eager to get back to the Medical world.... but I am thoroughly excited about this thesis. I'm doing well so far, I hope my motivation and passion will last.

My graduation for Biomed and Phil. is next Semester. Unfortunately my Dad could not make it as he has to undergo heart surgery next month... this was very sad news, and I am very worried... but he is just sad that he could not come over for my graduation and for Joe's 21st. I told him it's fine, and that we will see him soon.

Mike and Frode are both out still, and I think have gone bowling. I am just waiting for my Breaking Bad torrent to finish. In the middle of Season 3 at the moment. Good show.

3 comments:

Reece said...

Breaking Bad is the mad notes
I'm about half way through season 2 and I really dislike Skyler
I don't know what it is about her, she's horribly frustrating

I hope your dad's ok Jen, he seems like a tough bloke, I'm sure he'll pull through!

Jen said...

Thanks Reece... I'm sure he'll be okay. He started having severe chest pains about a month ago, and his partner wrote to me asking me to try and convince him to go the doctors (you know how Dads are - very stubborn). He went at my request, and turns out it was quite bad... but, I have good faith in the doctors. It is good that he is getting it sooner rather than later.

If you don't like her now, then you are going to absolutely *hate* her in Season 3. :O

Accurate said...

good idea!