Bah. Having no money to spend on food shopping is going to make the weekend and the entire next week a tough one. But, I take it in pride as the money is my bank is for a most worthy cause.
I was up till 4am last night on chatting away and watching Rage. Machine Head, Trivium, Megadeth and QOTSA were the ones I stuck around for, always good to see some decent music on television. The flatmates got home from their night of clubbing when I was in the lounge, wish I had gone too... just for some time out of the house that didn't involve work and away from the desk.
It feels like months since we finished lectures, when in fact it's only been two weeks. These weeks are dragging on, I just want the exam weeks to be over. I can't wait to move into my Summer flat and enjoy some time without the guilty conscience.
I've been thinking of buying a keyboard, something to mess about with over the Summer break. If only I had an ounce of talent to play collaboratively with others , my guitar skills equal that of a drunken child. But, I persist, playing along absentmindedly when I am studying or lazing about in the loungeroom.
I have a few goals for Summer break:
- Work three or four days a week.
- Enjoy my first time in Wagin with my Mum and her husband (a truce has been made, but can I pull of a real friendship with him without seeming fake?)
- Spend some quality time with the Bunce side of the family and Dad.
- Finish the painting that I have been working on for over a year now.
- Hang about with the friends, if they would like to.
- Save up for a new computer... work up the courage to abandon this one.
It should be a nice break, I hope.
Might head to the library soon, check out some of the recommended texts in the reserve section, something I should have done weeks and weeks ago.
Oh, I had the most strangest moment last night!
It was about 2:30am, ... whenever it was, I was playing Floyd's DSotM, which I haven't listened to for a while so I was brought back into the wonderful serenity of the tracks. It got to Us And Them and decided I should head down to the vending machines and buy something nice with my last coinage.
Walking, head up at the sky in hopes of seeing a shooting star. Experiencing some of those cosmic thoughts that one has whenever they gaze up at the night sky. I kept walking when I could hear this music being played rather loudly but no so through an open window. I ignored it until I realised it was Us And Them!
The very same song I was playing when I left my room!
Think of it though... 2:30am, dead of night, both of us listening to the same album and on the same track. It blew my mind and I sort of froze in my feet thinking: no one is going to believe this, or understand how amazing I found it to be.
I quickly walked home and told the story over MSN... that made my night it did, put in such a happy state of mind.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment