Monday, April 7, 2008

Welcome back to Space.

Unlike Adam, my blogs are uninteresting and lack interest of readers of anyone but myself.

I could make a social comment of some sort, I could complain about an issue concerning us today. But frankly, I am lazy.

I finished 7 series of X Files.
I am keeping up with Uni work (however only assignments, not study of the material itself).
I'm going to see Joe Satriani again hopefully.
I saw QOTSA and Smashing Pumpkins yesterday!! It was a fantastic day, although the crowd was WAY too tame during the Queens. I wanted some action, I wanted to feel the vibrations through the crowd as Josh Homme slammed his guitar....

The Pumpkins were amazing, quite a few of their songs bring back memories of other times, to hear some of them live was breathtaking. Billy Corgan commanded that crowd. Those two bands were completely worth the money spent and the sun exposure.

Have to be in Uni tomorrow at 10:30am. Meaning I have to get up at 9am. I didnt go today, due to the fact we went to bed so late. Feeling lazy, but I handed my assignment to Scott, the Pharmacology guy so all is well. 

Waiting on news of my scholarship grant. I really really really hope I get it. That ONE email confirms my trip to Bahrain. I've never been overseas before, this trip would mean so damn much. Oh, to be on a plane, to arrive knowing you are so far from home! New sights!

Apparently .... ... I've heard that ... Camel Spiders are found there.
Mike has never seen one. But, imagine if we do. The name alone brings along such fear. I always imagine one, creeping under my blanket, its legs slightly brushing my legs, slowly making its way on top of my head, waking up, suffocating from the abdomen that would halt my breathing, its legs getting tangled in my hair. !!!

Hmm... okay. That image has gone. Loose yourself in the tunes of Mike Oldfield. Listen to the songs of distant Earth.

Welcome back to space, Mike. There's still a lot of room out here.

1 comment:

Val Fury said...

if you do encounter a spider, throw shit at it. and scream. screaming helps.