I got my ticket to Satriani yesterday, $80 invested into what will be quite the night to look forward to during the holidays! I'm going with Adam's friend Ben, and a few people that he knows too. Ah, the hear the guitar genius at work once again! Opeth are coming too, to which I am absolutely ecstatic about! September 2nd I believe, the weeks pass by easier when there is knowledge that one has such wonderful things to look forward to.
Dream Theater kept me going all through last Summer holidays. It now seems like a distant dream to me now, I don't think I've ever had a more happier moment than when I walked into the theater room, seeing how incredibly close to the stage we were, hearing the songs I had constantly daydreamed about hearing live... we are SO lucky to have experienced such a show, it shall remain (even though it ended early) as the best concert I have seen in my short years.
Ah... just thinking about these things helps to clear the mind of all such everyday worries. But, of course, one can't ignore them completely, cannot just detatch themselves from issues and decisions so prominant in nature. Will I do well in my exams? Will I have enough time to get the work done? Am I doing the right thing in letting myself get deeper into something which I have no control over?
This is why I wish James was still here, I miss extravagant nights of drinks, horror films and metal. So many nights we spent doing such things, to the point where we forgot of all the problems that were facing us. We were both so completely different, and yet we shared a similar ground. Shame he had to let himself go too far in his worries, I've never had that friendship, of through which a simple call planned the night alone, or a knock on the door with supplies for a good night in. But, I guess if such a thing were to still happen, I wouldn't have time anyway.
But, if I keep my head down and mind on the focus at hand, I will do well in the next few weeks. It's scary to think how I only have a semester to go till I am of a Biomedical Scientist, with a severe lack of experience haha.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
if that thing you have no control over is working your ass of just till the end of the year, where you can then rest assured that you have an important piece of paper, then yes! when dad asked "oh, what is jen doing?" and i said "boimedics or something", he was much more impressed than when i said "sure, why not, network engineering"
you'll get through it. and if not, then i sure as hell ain't in a position to judge! :)
Post a Comment