Monday, July 28, 2008

Sentient

Inspired by Reece's creation of a blog, I decided to write something. Also because despite the fact since 4pm yesterday I only slept for 3 hours and it is now 3:34am, I am awake here in bed listening to Nevermore.

Nevermore...

Today was really nice, we headed out to Freo, my two faithful readers went too. :3 I didn't expect many would come, but we had a modest little crowd, which was nice. Ah, so much to eat, it was fantatic! After eating mostly only crackers and rice for most of the week before because I was ill/lazy it was brilliant to have such a big meal for lunch!
Thanks for coming out. ^__^

Mike called me today, he wont be back for a few more weeks as he decided to stay in Bahrain for medical treatment. Such a shame, I was looking forward to the seeing him so very much! Would have been nice to have some time to ourselves before Uni started up again.

Need to find elective. Even though it would be wonderful to have a unit with Mike, Adam and Frode, it clashes too much. Unless I can sort something out I best change. I originally wanted to try to do another Philosophy unit, so I may. Even though I know I'm risking a pass in that because most of my ideas are too radical and obscure for the context of such units, I try to incorporate too much of them into my written work.

I've decided to buy ONE last ticket this year.

ONE

And that is to Machine Head. I had way too much fun at the last show to miss it again. No Pink Floyd Experience, no Down, no Meshuggah, no DragonForce (for lulz). None. One ticket and then I start saving.

I think I can manage the plane tickets to Bahrain, seeing as a grand of it is already secured. I just need money for spending, and so I can borrow as little as possible from Mike and my Mum for fees and plane business. I know I shouldn't go if I can't afford it, but how I want to so badly! To see another country! To experience waking up in a new part of the world! If I am financially smart the next few months, then I can go. Oh and my passport...

Waking at 12:30pm to meet with Adam to go booklist shopping. I'm only going to buy one of my lab manuals, see how I'll be spending my glorious afternoons doing in a lab. Although I get to dust off the lab coat, I feel a sense of wonder when I wear it, I feel like a kid in an adults outfit, wanting to play the part and pretend we are someone high in life and grown up. I love my lab coat.

"I see imperfection in your race.."

I must import these songs onto my PC so I can listen to them beyond the pathetic laptop speakers, to hear the magnificent vocals as they are meant to be heard: epically loud.

I'm going to watch repeats of Love Hina and try to sleep. One day I'm sure I'll write something of actual substance in these blogs.. one day.

3 comments:

Val Fury said...

last time i checked, there was substance....

goddamn, looks like i'll definately have to ring you to wake you up!

Reece said...

Dragonforce!
It must be gone to for the epic lulz!

Scott said his friend said they aren't too good live though >.<

Elias said...

And I agree with this friend of a friend of a friend of a friend.

They were pretty bad.

When's Machine Head?

And you're still coming to Opeth right?