Sunday, February 1, 2009

All In The Family

It's been a busy weekend, Saturday my Mum and Merv came up to Perth, and picked me up to go visit Uncle Arthur in hospital. I felt a painful stab when he came in walking so very slowly with the aid of a walker and nurse, but, he seems to be in high spirits. We heard some funny stories about his stay, apparently he was too nervous to go to the bathroom and so the doctors did an ultrasound of his bladder, during which Uncle Arthur got all excited and kept saying "I'm not pregnant! I'm not pregnant!" Hehee. We met his carer, she was a really nice lady. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

Afterwards we went to Aunty Sue and Phils for a bit of dinner and a catch up. I was talked into staying and 'getting on the piss', as my Uncle said. It was nice, heard a lot of family gossip. Apparently two of my cousins were involved in a sort of love triangle, and the child was not of the husbands. So weird, man! These are the cousins I used to be teased by and danced around with at the country music festivals. We're certainly all grown up now.

Next morning I made a dash home to prepare for my sisters engagement party, which was really nice. I mentioned on the happydragon forums about my meeting of the lost brother. It was so awkward, but so nice at the same time. Lunch was amazing:

Entree: Cheese souf..souflee... thing.
Main: Chicken pieces with this incredible herb spiced mash potatoes.
Dessert: Chocolate cakeee!
Drinks: OJ and I ordered this INCREDIBLE alcoholic beverage cocktail: Toblerone. It's Khalua and ... uuh... chocolate sauce. All I know is it was the most delicious beverage I have ever consumed.

Got home, went to take a nap and ended up sleeping till 8:30am this morning, still fully clothed.

And now I'm up.

-------------------------------------------------

More news articles that have caught my interest:

Girl dying from drug overdose at Perth BDO:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24995769-29277,00.html

What a fool she was to do such things on a hot as hell day at a festival of thousands and thousands of people. I feel kind of bad, but, she should have been more careful. At least she didn't die in a "mosh-pit" of Limp Bizkit. This also means there will be even GREATER security in future years.

Apparently, rumour has it, that the organisers have already decided next years theme to be 'hard and heavy', and that they've secured a killer headliner. APPARENTLY, according the BDO forums. I hope this is true!! :)

And this one got me annoyed:
http://www.news.com.au/business/story/0,27753,24995008-5017672,00.html

Beating procrastination? Hell no!

----------------------------------------------

Currently in search of both a job and a new place to live. Sigh.
I can't wait to get this all settled and be able to go back to Uni. I'm missing the social side of it quite a bit. Can't wait to see Paul Macdonald as well. ^__^

3 comments:

Reece said...

The couldn't have done worse than Neil Young
This years was shithouse, they need to have a great one next year to make up for it

Val Fury said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Val Fury said...

before it starts, rather.