Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Megalodon

Many many sighs at the youth of Australia.

I've just been reading the news, came across this article:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24975818-421,00.html

I listened to the radio 'apology' along with it, what a foolish, ignorant girl to think she could write something such as that on her person and think it would be okay to go into public with it. It makes me so mad, and I am disgusted by these teenagers actions. This sort of attitude displayed by people is the reason why there is so much hostility in society. It's racism, pure and simple.

Also in the news, is the plan of Kevin Rudds to introduce some sort of scheme to allow Uni students to do volunteer work in order to start paying off their HECs debt. By the end of this year, I would have racked up about ... *thinks*.. ~$24,000 or so? Science is well expensive, but... it was worth it. I have learned much, but this doesnt even begin to start to cover post-grad (IS POST-GRAD EVEN COVERED BY HECS!???!).
So, this scheme of his I think would be fantastic. I would gladly volunteer to start the paying back that will otherwise take me YEARS and YEARS (seeing as I am quite hesitant to start a career).

Umm..

Those are the issues of my day. I woke up about an hour ago, and it is almost 6am here. Going to bed so early and waking up before dawn... I've *almost* got to normal hours, I hope I can reach it sometime. Although, I admit, this past week I have enjoyed the mornings, going shopping in the early hours, coming home and watching things throughout the afternoon... it's quite nice, and very different to my usual 4pm > wake up time.

Mike, Frode and Morgaine get back to Aus soon. It will be really nice to see them all. Growing ever nervous, yet strangely optimistic that everything will be rad in the end.

No comments: