Thursday, November 15, 2007

4am

Why I am starting a new blog, I'm not really too sure. I have quite a few already, but they have either passed on in age (the internet has many archived entries posted by me throughout the years, I'm not sure if I even know the address for them all). But I thought, why the hell not. If this format can be good enough for the delightful characters of Achewood, then it is worth a new fresh canvas for all the emotionally driven ramblings that occur when I am bored, or in this case, unable to sleep.

It has just hit 4am. I have been in bed for the past 3 hours just laying there, thoughts buzzing around too vast in quantity to ignore. I haven't been feeling well today, my muscles ache and I have quite the head cold to accompany them. I have to work tomorrow, I was hoping that a good nights sleep would do me good, hopefully writing something in a coherent manner will tire me out. Nothing like a good mental workout to tire oneself.

One of the many things on my mind is of course, Dream Theater. Perth will be heading to the Showgrounds on Australia to see the one and only legendary band as they hit our shores for the first time in their entire career. Yes, yes, I know it seems like I have talked about it too much the past few days (and months of foreshadowing this), but I feel it has been not enough! I have been telling people left, right and centre about this announcement, many with blank faces, many with a slight "oh, .. cool", and some of course just as excited as I am. 71 days my friends, till they are here. If I wasn't going to BDO and Iron Maiden, I would work all through Summer to travel around the country alongside them, show to show. I need to work for something, right? No use in slaving away those hours behind the checkout, services with a smile, to have the earnings cashed up in a bank account somewhere.

Another thing on my mind is the fact that this time last year I was having some of best conversations and times of my life on MSN. It's amazing, how time passes when a group of people (or just two) is chatting away on the program. Hours fly by and soon enough you are faced with the option of sleep:or staying awake. That time for me is usually 2am, before that time I can sleep with the knowledge that I awake easily the next morning. Anytime after that hour, things become ... strange...
Nowadays, everyone is all too busy. Too busy with Uni, with courses, with TAFE, with jobs to waste precious hours on MSN. But, I remain.
The Summer is coming, the 2 and a half month long break is just around the corner. I despise that time of year. I like having something to do during the days, instead I become somewhat of a recluse most of the time and sit here, in front of my computer or behind a book. Things might be different this year, as I have a job now to fill in the hours, I have a good year ahead, a life changing one next year as it will be my final year of Uni and with the horrific task of finding my own place to settle down and also to look for and start a full time job. The times, they are changing too quickly. I don't like change. I like what is now, but then what is now keeps changing. I shouldn't complain though, change can be good at times, who knows what could happen within the next year.


4:41am. It is nearing that hour of 5am. The time when the new day officially starts in my reasoning. 4:59am was when MSN windows were closed, when we said our goodnights and took comfort in the long awaited confines of our bed.

Okay, I will attempt to sleep. Must be in bed before 5am, otherwise things start to get weird and I will not get up in time for work. I was hoping to get a few hours study in before I leave... that... is most likely not going to happen.

1 comment:

Val Fury said...

can't wait to hear what you do come 6 o'clock on a christmas morning...