Tuesday, October 7, 2008

We drove together, but ended up alone.

Well, I'm writing this at 2:04pm, just woke up from what was a most incredible night of dreaming... I wanted to write it down. I don't expect anyone to read this at all, seeing as it's just me going on and on, it's more for my own record of such a thing.

We were at my old primary school, hanging out, having fun, walking around the basketball court. We looked up, and saw planes... planes flying so dangerously low. There were a number of them in the sky, we had no warning, but we knew what they were... they were fighter planes, they held bombs. They were looming over us while the fear gathered inside of us. We suddenly knew we were at war, we were being attacked.

The first bomb went off, about a few miles in front of us. The explosion mesmorised us, panic suddenly took hold, what were we to do? We ran to the principles office, seeking help. Mr Berril was there, and he spoke in a calm voice, he showed us the radio broadcast, the announcement of planes and soldiers approaching our shores.

We were told to wait outside. Wait for direction, but we couldn't stand still, we couldn't wait for our death so idly. I ran over to the oval, and for some reason got a clear view of Perth city, we saw the planes bomb the city centre, we heard screams, all around... I saw one fly over the new underground train line, a bomb delivered... a minute later the Mandurah line train came out of the ground, all in flames. I saw the football oval, a game being held, I saw another bomb being delivered into there, I heard the screams of the fans before the moment of detonation.

Panic. The people with me gathered behind the office. There were many of us, a lot of people I knew, Reece, you were there... along with a lot of old classmates from highschool and some from University. We all had a common goal: drive into the Australian desert. We will be safe there.

We gathered every car we could. For some reason, we had access to tanks that they guys quickly took over. I went with Reece and Stephanie Leach in a white car. I was in the backseat, trying to conduct the massive migration. We left everything behind... we took nothing. We drove, for hours, quickly giving us an advantage of taking action so readily. We stopped at a deli, and we all had lunch. There were about 50, or 60 of us. Ben Hopwood was there, he and Reece bought this fish rice dish, which I stole some of, it was actually pretty nice.

Now: this trip wasn't to take a few hours... for some reason it was going to take us at least two days of solid driving. We stopped for a while by a lake, and rested. Everyone trying to make light, trying to forget. I saw Kevin Ellis (... WTF) try and pick on a friend of mine, he was a waving a gun in his face. I wanted to stop this, I went up and told him off for being so foolish and childish. The gun went off, my friend was shot, and he died. I retaliated, I pushed him, and an old quiet, shy old housemate of mine, Fiona, came to help. He shot both of us, but for some reason it didn't kill us.

I couldn't take this anymore, I couldn't take the violence that our group went into. I stole a car, and left everyone behind. I drove, back to Perth. Back to ground zero. For some reason, I knew there was something more going on.

I reached home, and went straight for Kent Street SHS. I noticed... that the planes were gone. There were just now scores of soldiers, roaming the streets, going door to door, shooting anyone they see.

I was scared.

I ran into the first building. The science building. It was bigger than it really is, it was enclosed... it had many floors. I ran inside, trying to take cover. I found Stephen Hawking in one room, he told me things... that weren't right...

"Don't stay in a room, where the aliens decay. Don't breathe in their flesh, it will impregnate you."

This whole war was coinciding with an alien invasion! We heard the soldiers advance toward the room where he and I was. There were no lifts.... there were just stairs. I had to leave him behind, I left him behind for my own life.

I ran.

I entered a room... with people. They were standing around a body, an alien corpse. I froze. I saw.. particles... rise from the body... these people were all infected. I had to run, I had to get out of there.

Back outside the building, I was in the carpark, trying to find a car with keys. I found one, and decided that I was foolish to come back. What was I thinking!? I drove.

I stopped by a lake, and entered this old shack that we stopped over on the way on the first trip. All over the walls were photos of us, that we took... to remind someone... anyone... that we were here. That we were facing this together, that our friendship meant something. All those smiling faces, all far away from me now, towards freedom. Except for me who had to live with the regret of leaving them behind, who was now trapped, I knew I couldn't catch up with them in time, they would catch me first.

------------------------------------------------------------

The dream went on, but it got a bit strange after that, the mother ship, the TV broadcast to the aliens, trying to seek revenge. But, that half seemed to be the most prominant. That part, the ending really broke my heart, I woke up from this dream, not half an hour ago in tears.

So. Uh. Despite the subject matter, and the ending, it was a pretty rad dream. There were a lot of people in it that I haven't though of in ages, since highschool. The detail was incredible, and I guess I wanted to write this down before I forget. But perhaps I should stop reading war novels before I sleep.

3 comments:

Reece said...

Your dreams should be movie's Jen
I wish I had dreams so long and epic!

You should get one of those dream analyst people to read that! I want to know what the Fish Rice thing meant! <3

Jen said...

Hehe I would like to know what they mean too. ^__^

Just know Reece, I'll never ever leave you behind! Even if Kevin Ellis (again, WTF) starts shit, never! <3 <3

We shall ride into the desert! We shall haul ass!

Elias said...

That was pretty damn epic, even more epic than some of mine!

Yeah, what you think about just before bed affects a lot of your dreams, hence all the krav and cod4 in mine :)