Thursday - MESHUGGAH. This concert was one of the most brutal I've been to, and it was *just* what I needed to rid of all this tension I've been holding, and all this Uni stress. There is absolutely nothing in the world like getting deep into the pit and thrashing around with dozens of people around you, all diving in, getting down and sweaty to the heavy tunes of a good band.
I arrived at 7:30 or so, doors opened at 8. My friend Kirke hadn't arrived yet so I turned to the people waiting around with me and sparked up a conversation with two guys who attend UWA, doing Engineering. We chatted for a while, and it was well good to chat to some new faces about the music we enjoy (c'mon, the dude was wearing a Mastodon shirt, how could I resist?). We went inside and I stayed with one of the guys for the first band while we enjoyed a few drinks. Kirke showed up too eventually, and we stood around enjoying the opening band, Alchemist.
Meshuggah came on and took the stage with incredible power, I remember at one point Kirke and I were literally hanging on to one another at the edge of a circle pit, we looked at each other and by a mere look we could tell this is what we came for, pure energy and full of awesome. I lost Kirke about half way through so I ended up getting closer to the stage, afterwards running into those two guys from out the front. We exchanged numbers and we're going to go check out some local bands next weekend I believe. All in all, it was an incredible night... can't wait for the next concert!

Friday - This found me cruising with Adam to Northbridge, along with Alia, David, Ben, Roberto and Emma. Adam and I got some dinner beforehand, and picked up the special edition Dream Theater DVD. Cannot WAIT to settle down one evening and enjoy watching it.
Drinks were had, jokes were made and chatter had by all. It was really nice to see them all again, folk I've come to know through various shows. I took along my camera and took a few pictures, to which I've put up in a photobucket link to copy/paste into the bar:
http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n9/30497992/The%20Brass%20Monkey/
Hehe, good times, good times. Ended up crashing at Bens with Roberto, had a final drink and watched Strapping Young Lad DVD (Devin Townsend: you are a God) along with the Gigantour DVD and a bit of the Gojira DVD. I borrowed them too, so those too I shall watch again and enjoy. Got home the next day and crashed into bed until 3pm... to which I awoke to yet another social gathering.
Saturday Scotts 18th, which was nice. Reece making delicious Java Juice mixed drinks and so much food, an awesome banquet of Red Rooster and cake. We stayed for a few hours, and listened to Scotts parents and Reece say a few words in Scotts honour, which I think was incredibly sweet! Afterwards I headed to Joels place and we hit into some of the green and lazed around. Jamie was there, haven't seen him since May last year. Ben came home at some point, and we could hear him being violently ill in the bathroom the poor guy. ^__^;; While the entire time I was trying to control my body from twitching, it was nice to end the social days that way, watching shit on TV in the early AM hours.
Woke up at 10am, Joel gave me his too small Queens of the Stone Age shirt, which I think is rad... and is what I'm wearing right now. Got home, went shopping, came back... and here I am.
Now: reality hits back. Presentation tomorrow... the final weeks are here, and the intensity is on. But, I think after this weekend the mind has had its fill, and is ready to buckle down and get this degree!!
Thanks to you folk, who read this blog, as I really enjoyed your company, thanks for taking me out/having me round. ^__^

2 comments:
Haha no worries jen, glad to have you along...
hahaha fun night indeed!!
Were they all the pics that you took?
Because if there are more id like to see them lol...
i love getting a copy of all the crap one too hahaha... funny memories you know!
Loved hanging with you jennos!
Post a Comment