It's been a nice few days, having gone out with Reece on Thursday, and then out with everyone just tonight seeing Davids play then hitting up Fremantle for a few drinks.
Sitting here in bed with the laptop, already I am on that slow progression towards sleep, which is strange and welcoming since I've been having trouble sleeping till the hours past 6am or so. Tomorrow night is a party at Joels/Lauras/Bens/Jamies. It should be a good night, wondering where I will be sleeping though, because no doubt I'll end up staying past the hour of the last bus, and no doubt again that someone will grab the couch before I do. But, little things like that aren't to be worried about, something will sort itself out.
From Sunday afternoon till Wednesday evening I shall be occupied with exam study, will probably spend those evenings up at the library. Philosophy essay is almost completed, I have done my draft and all that is left is the editing/few more paragraphs and then final statement. I want to make this essay perfect.
Next week should be quite rad. First exam down, then Sytadel is coming round with GH for an evening, then off to see Eleventh He Reaches London on Saturday. Although a plan was made to go out to Fremantle again that same night. Dilemma!! Plans will be sorted throughout the week. Again: too late of night to be worrying.
I am both scared and excited about these upcoming holidays, although some thoughts and situations that have arisen these past few weeks offer some comfort, and the looking forward to of good times. So torn between what is right and wrong, and what is best...
All things are so complicated, yet amazingly simple in nature.
All things need direction. Control.
I wonder who is in control. Am I?
All I desire is the most simple of things, yet with them bring so much complication and confusion.
I realised I haven't been thinking about these things this past month, I feel like I've been almost detatched from them, which is a good thing I think. But at the same time I compare it to such that of an assignment, or great task. Something that needs to be done, and yet I keep putting it off. Something that NEEDS my attention and thought. For without it I might lose the true nature of it, and of myself.
Oh god I'm rambling.
But that's okay. Because I am going to log off the world of the internet soon and relax with a wonderful tale of Death.... and his apprentice. Terry Pratchett - Mort. It's a wonderful book, which is why I'm reading it again. I can lose myself so immensely in the story, of all the subtle jokes that are made and the ever quirky characters that you come to love. I think I'm developing a literary crush on Death himself. He's like the awkward Uncle who doesn't really know how to talk to you, but tries his best to act cool.

3 comments:
you can have washington i'll take new jersey
you can have london but i want new york city
lol. Osaka. who doesn't love Osaka.
my money is on you choosing what's best.
Mort is so damn awesome
My favourite Pratchett
Infinite variety - An apt title for this post imho...
Remember, you don't need to justify yourself to anyone.
Post a Comment