Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Nature of All Things

4:43am. After a few hours study tonight, I am ready to embrace sleep despite the fact that I got up at 5pm and haven't even been awake for 12 hours yet. But, I wish to dream. I have no idea how my sleeping patterns are going to hold up for this exam Thursday morning, most likely I will end up staying up all night and then head to my exam, the sleep the ENTIRETY of ... forever.

I've been out a bit, went to see Eleventh He Reaches London again on Saturday night, which was pretty rad. Was at the Amplifier Bar which I thought I hadn't been to, but I have for Bens birthday I think it was once... memory is shocking. Saw the 1990's there I think they were. But yes: EHRL were good, accompanied by a few drinks and no sleep till dawn.

Yesterday I headed to Joels for Survivor Series. Edge's return (yes, I know you're happy about that Reece =P). Half the crew went out to gather the meals of KFC, which was incredibly good. So unhealthy... but good. Ben drove me to the trainstation out in Cannington so I made the long trek home. Being too up and alive at 11pm to wait half an hour for the 99 bus, I ended up walking from the Murdoch trainstation to mine, which I haven't actually done before and realised it was only about a 20 - 25 minute walk.

Final exam Thursday.
Not long till I leave for Adelaide.
MUST GET WINDOWS ON THIS MACHINE

A friend gave me a copy of Fear of a Blank Planet by Porcupine Tree a few months ago. Being lazy and forgetful, I hadn't listened to it in it's entirety until only a few days ago. It's very good, My Ashes - song from the album - is in my head right now, very nice song. Next time I'm in the city I might pick up another album, and some more Neurosis too.

I bought a book of Koans (Kong-Ans). Basically little stories or poems that are unable to be solved, or understood by mere rational thinking. They were mentioned a few times in my Philosophy studies, and I saw this book. Some of them are quite quirky, they bring a smile, some thought. I'll leave you with one:

If to the nature of things
you wish to penetrate,
You will know all, if you can find
the door to just one thing.


Be careful, be careful! Dog laughing outside, "Woof, woof!"

2 comments:

Reece said...

Rated R Superstar wins it again!
Good luck in your exam <3

Elias said...

Porcupine tree are AWESOME!!!

Hope your exams was all good =D