Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Iron Maiden

Why... WHY did I not go to Mastodon/Slayer?

Mastodon is fast becoming of my most liked bands, I have 3 of their albums, all are absolutely fantastic. Blood Mountain still reigns superior to me... although I did manage to find Leviathan in JB's, an album I've been after for a while. Have to give that a few more spins in the
late afternoon where the stereo can be pumped out to ear splitting levels.

A lot has happened the past few days.

On the weeked I worked both Saturday and Sunday. I have decided that I am never doing a Sunday shift again, it almost killed me. That is the day in which as a cashier, you do not get a single moment to rest, as the line of customers do not cease well up until closing time. :/ On other nights, it much more laid back.

That night Mike and Frode came round to deliver to me my new computer, which I am on at this moment. It has two screens, which was at first a tad daunting but I think I really like it now, it's neat having all these windows just there, without having to move about. My poor laptop has been ignored, I shall keep it as a sort of backup thing, as so if anything happens I will still have all my photos, MSN conversations and music still on it. I have sound now. >___< God how I missed it. It's like hearing your baby cry for the first time. So yes! I am very grateful to Mike and Adam for putting it together, In feel kind of bad... but, I cannot complain at all. :3

It was really nice to spend those days with Mike, Frode and Morgaine. Not getting to bed till 5/6am... watching TV and witnessing all that Australian insects have to offer as a show. A redback vs. a huge giant fucking garden spider. That redback completely owned... it.... it was scary. ...! !!! Thankfully I witnessed the carcass myself, although the redback lives, the big spider had been killed...

On Monday we awoke to the wonderful thought of seeing Iron Maiden that night. Despite the households late wake up, we managed to get there in plenty of time. There was a long line, but we got in there okay. I spoke to John today, apparently he said hello to me in the line but I don't think I must have heard him. I feel terrible now. >___<

When we got in I headed on down to the Gold section, it was actually rather big, plenty of space to wonder about and spread apart to get a breather. Rhys, Joel and Kriss weren't there yet so instead of listening to that god awful opening band I waited in the lobby for their arrival. When they got there, we claimed our spot in the crowd. There was another band that came on, Vanishing Point, which sort of resembled prog metal, which I was smiling about. They had that sort of feel, grand tunes and whatnot. The singer though, I wasn't a fan of, he could sing but in my opinion it wasn't utilised to its best...

I think it was a quarter to 9 when Iron Maiden came on. The lights dimmed and onwards to almost 2 hours of music that we as Perth are lucky to hear.

01. Intro - Churchill's Speech
02. Aces High
03. 2 Minutes to Midnight
04. Revelations
05. The Trooper
06. Wasted Years
07. The Number of the Beast
08. Run to the Hills
09. Rime of the Ancient Mariner
10. Powerslave
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. Can I Play With Madness?
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
-----------------------------
15. Moonchild
16. The Clairvoyant
17. Hallowed Be Thy Name

That was a list I had found somewhere, but it looks right as to my memory. Powerslave was a highlight for me, that was brilliant, as well as Fear of the Dark, the encore of course held the much anticipated last song, which went brought the crowd into a respectable frenzy. Towards the end of the night I was severely dehydrated (no bottles allowed, water in a paper 
cup was $4 each, to which I had no cash left on me). But still, song after song, it kept me going, enjoying what was a wonderful evening in a crowd
of one the biggest I've been in, that is counting an indoor stadium.

Cam found me halfway through the show, did not manage to find Josh or James there. One thing I should mention was how incredibly tame the crowd was... it was amazing! I
 admit I was expecting different, but it was very respectable and nice.

It was neat, seeing everyone there, people of so many ages, of generations all there for the same reason. The night was everything one could expect from the band 
that is Iron Maiden.

1 comment:

Val Fury said...

i had nothing to do with that pc, it was all mike :P