Saturday, August 23, 2008

Finland

Just finished writing a long letter to my penpal over in Finland. We've been writing to each other for about 6 years now, since I was 13/14 or so. It's incredibly nice to, every letter we send seems to describe such new changes in our lives and its amazing to read what Katariina has been up to. Each of us describing our schooling, our interests and of course, the love aspects of our young lives. I won't write too much about what has happened to her the past few years, for the sake of confidence between the two of us, but she is an incredibly nice girl, and she has been wronged in the past. I am glad though, that she has found someone who will treat her right, her and Jimi seem such a lovely couple, they are now engaged. ^___^

I hope to visit Finland one day, to see Katariina and to experience all that the European countries can offer, they seem so romantic and full of life and simple pleasures. Of music festivals, small towns and lazy afternoons in a secluded park with a loved one, sipping wine and rolling around in the grass and trees that are so full of colour! *daydreams* I doubt Mike will embark on such a romantic adventure with me, but who knows. :3

I've started working on my Parasitology essay, hope to get most of it done by the end of the week, I have too much to do on the study break to focus entirely on that one essay.

2:08am, I think I may sleep early tonight. I have exhausted all activities and motivation today, ready to embrace sleep as it is and wake up tomorrow to enjoy a nice Sunday afternoon. I love my Sunday afternoon walks, there's so many people outside walking their pets, or washing their cars. The only thing it lacks is the sense of communication between neighbours, how I wish I could have been in such an era when two strangers sit down on a porch with the wife bringing out lemonade and suddenly the barriers of social awkwardness are forgotten, friends are made without effort and one never feels lonely in a tight community of people both young and old. Neighbourhood lunches and BBQ's, friendly services and favours for one another...

Ah! I must be tired.. the mind keeps drifting off into such glorious states of imagination. Even though I have spoken to absolutely no-one today except for a brief encounter with a drunk Rhys, it's okay I think. I think? One of these weekends I shall get out and socialise, I am keen on a night at a bar, of seeing a good local gig, at least there is Opeth to look foward to.

The day has ended, music has been played and study attempted. Goodnight! >___<

3 comments:

Elias said...

Opeth is gonna be sheer madness...

I'd have to agree about the neighbourly love. I've never really talked to my neighbours, probably cause they tend to be weird. Or maybe we're the weird ones, who knows.

I'd love to go to Europe; matter of fact, it's on my to do list.

Must go, feel like I've been kneed in the stomach for some reason...

Elias said...

PS. Sometimes, the thingo at the bottom of the comment box you're supposed to type in to prove you're a real human being says some funny stuff.

Not this time though.

xxkpfc

It can be a fun game to play, hence asooyrug

Reece said...

Parasitology...?
Sounds like a Warcraft Spec
Is it hard?