Monday, August 18, 2008

Planning, Pay-Per-Views, Parasitology and Philosophy.

...

Undertaker and Michelle McCool? ?? WTF Reece?

So, uh, as by that statement, one can assume that Wrestling was today, Summerslam at Reeces. I left my Parasitology lab an hour early as so to make it to his at a reasonable hour. I met Joel and Scott there, and while Scott was cleaning the pool, we headed out for Subway. Ah, so delicious!

Always nice to hang out with the Kent Street folk and watch the PPV, thanks again Reece for having us over yet again. ^__^

I lay in bed right now, 2:21am, having only read half of my Philosophy reading that is to be done by tomorrow. It's a particularly hard text to read, Aristotle on the Soul. But, I've concluded that I will most likely write my first essay on the subject of the soul, as I have read much about it both in this unit and in my previous Phil. unit, Life Death and Meaning. I hope to have a basic plan written up for it by the end of the week. As well as one for my Parasitology essay. Must start planning.

Even though my plan to go back to IGA was a failure, I mustn't take it as an excuse to not work these coming weeks. I may ask around Uni for part-time temporary work. Perhaps the library has something? Getting to Bahrain I'm sure will be okay financially, it's ... just getting... there and having nothing to spend.. and... uh...

...

......

Okay I lie, I *really* want to go to Machine Head, to Down and also to Meshuggah.. perhaps with careful planning I can go to at least one of those. But, I am willing to make sacrifices and not attend any... we'll see how my job hunting goes.

The quiet hum of the fans of my PC is strangely comforting... I should take it apart and give it a good clean one of these days. Also must get the VPN client to work on this here laptop as so I can use the Murdoch internet. I predict in the coming weeks more hours spent up at the library as these essays and assignments get rolling. It's so hard to focus here at home with my bed so near and my music so tempting for it to be played loud and with passion.

3 comments:

Reece said...

Fucking Aristotle!
I hope his death was unpleasent!
I had to study his poetics for my wrestling thesis and it took forever!

Elias said...

Wrestling ppv?

I used to watch wrestling when I was about 10, I was very young and gullible then, and I thought it was real.

I still remember the day I was told it was fake. It left an empty space in my soul.

Really. I was devo.

asoyruug

A rug wrought of soy...?

Jen said...

Roberto: asoyruug..

A rug wrought of soy?

Hahaha, what? For some reason that brought a laugh, should it have done? O__o

Reece: you know the Middle-Easterns worshipped Aristotle, his writings for the longest time? I *finally* got my head around what he was trying to say... but it took my lecturer sitting me down and discussing it. :/