I sit here, listening to A Song For Our Fathers by Explosions in the Sky, thinking about how much I miss him, his quiet nature and shy self. I hope he's happy over there, he always calls, every week to how I'm doing. To say hello and tells me that he loves me and misses me, and I say my words back. I love my Dad, I really do. While my brother and I had a strange childhood full of anger and changes, Dad still remained to us how we was, and in all my years I can never remember him yelling at us, never getting angry towards Joe and I. And I appreciate that.
The Bunce family, is a strange one. Full of crazy folk with many stories to tell. I don't see them as much as I want to, but every Christmas or the occasional birthday the family gathers at the all familiar Uncles house, sitting in this harsh Australian heat at nighttime with a fire burning and us all sitting around, chatting and laughing. Christmas with beers in hands, with AC/DC playing on the stereo and the new generations coming in and us welcoming them.
My older brother, Stuart called me just then, about half an hour ago. I haven't heard from him in a while, and he always lifts my spirits high and reminds me of such a family I have. He's invited me round to his place in a few weeks time to watch a football match. I get to see Liam and Maddison, his two kids who have always escaped my view! I haven't seen those two since they were mere toddlers! They live with their mother and only visit Stuart on occasional weekends, hence the reason why I haven't been able to visit them. Must be about... I think, 6 or 7 years since I've seen them. :/ It's crazy to think!
I spoke to Maxine too, today, my oldest friend from Kindergarden. I'm going to see her on Wednesday, to see her and her baby, and we're going to go see our old primary school teacher Mrs Owens. I'm really looking forward to it! I haven't seen Mrs Owens since before I started my degree.
So, a very wonderful Sunday I've had. Full of love for people who are most dearest to me growing up. The study break is over, back to class tomorrow. Not long now.
A photo: my Dad, my older brother and I at Christmas of '06.

2 comments:
It's these days you must treasure Jen!
And I know that you do!
Colour coded much?
Nice to know you had a good day. I let my mum handle it, and played CoD4 :|
Post a Comment