Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I saw time move faster today.

Well, it's 12:02am and already I've retreated into bed. Even though I climbed into bed earlier than I have done all year (11:30pm) I just couldnt get to sleep, even though I was so incredibly tired. My body clock is so in tune with the early AM hours, I find it hard to let my mind go before such them.

A few things have come to light recently.

1) I am sure now that I won't be going to Bahrain for Christmas. I decided this just last night, when I was talking with Mike. Our conversation was nice, and we remained reasonable and calm throughout, speaking of how things are and not how they should be. Last week, I admit, things weren't looking good at all, I feared the worst and was about ready to accept the lifestyle of being single once again. But, we've talked.
The main reason for the abandoning of plans, is that despite my hopeful optimism.... it's just too expensive for me to handle. Even with Mikes and my Mums help I'd be down at least $500 or so. I've tried so hard, these past few months, and hoped so much..

So, the new plan: wait out these 4 1/2 months. Wait for Mike. We've already passed 3 months (only that much??) so I guess... perhaps... we can make it... That's 7 1/2 months of not seeing the one you want to be with most. That's a long time for people so young as us..

But, yes, the new plan: stay here, use the money I have already to pay for a ticket to go see my Dad for his 60th birthday. Use the rest for various things... mainly to go see Machine Head. Possibly Down and Meshuggah too, if time and plans come to place. :)

Besides, I have my passport now. If Mike and I are still together next year, I'll be sure .. SO sure to be able to go with him over the break next Semester (if I have one!?). Which leads to number two...

2. I'm so unorganised for next year.

3. I spoke to my Philosophy lecturer today, face to face, which I havent done yet, only a few quiet words and input in the tutorials. He gave me a hella awkward look, and I think to my horror I must have given him one back. I don't think he could hear me well, but he said if I needed any help just email him or go see him. I like my lecturers, some throughout these years have gone even so far as to show enthusiasm for meeting us at Sir Walters for a coffee and discussion.

Oh.. wait.. 3 isn't really any sort of realisation at all. Oh well.

Message for Reece: you want to do something this weekend? I know you work on Saturdays, how about afterwards, we can hit up dinner at KFC or something cheap and indulgant like that? We could get Joel in on it too, he works Saturdays too yeah?
Also: I demand bloggage! I have no idea what you're up to at Uni or anything. ^__^

2 comments:

Elias said...

Ok, so when it comes to relationships I'm definitely not one to comment, I'm no expert. Not even close.

But what I do know is that relationships are something you have to work through, through the good times and the bad. It's not just roses'n'butterfliesetc., apparently.

Also, you'd have to start getting organised for your trip to Bahrain um... Yesterday.

Good luck and godspeed!

Reece said...

I do have an 18th at 8pm, but we can have dinner after I finish work at 5:30?