Sunday - Met up with my new friend Chris who I met at Meshuggah. We went to The Bakery to check out a few local bands, including one of his favourites: Eleventh He Reaches London. Despite their 'screamo' moments, they weren't actually quite bad. They are doing their EP launch I believe on the 22nd, to which we plan to go see as well. This guy has a pretty similar taste in music to mine, and we spent last Wednesday together as well watching Mastodon and Isis DVDs and then went out for a few drinks in the city. His friends were pretty nice, and despite the fact I got quite ill by the end of the night (thankyou, medication, you fuck me over so bad), the night ended with more Mastodon.
The week at Uni went okay, missed quite a few lectures thanks to assignments, our gene research project is almost done, we've almost reached the 5000 word goal, and we've put a lot of work into it, so I hope we get a decent grade for it. I'm actually quite proud of it, it sums up nicely the understanding of a vast majority of concepts we've studied over the past three years and our now honed research skills. I've never read so many research articles in my life, we have quite the knowledge about Progeria and other similar laminopathies now. I hope to print off a few copies if anyone would like to read it, may send one to my Mum to prove I'm actually learning something here haha.
Friday - Halloween!
This night was pretty rad, I went as a Japanese Doll, it was my first Halloween party, the first time I had the opportunity to dress up. Some of the costumes there were fantastic! Alia, you did a wonderful job planning such a gathering!
I ended up sleeping quite early, about 1am? I believe. Someone else was in charge of the photo taking, and there is quite a few photos to share!
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v467/Bojko/Halloween/
That's the link to the Photobucket album, let me know if it works for you guys, I had to make sure it was for public viewing, I'm not a big fan of this photo uploading site, but it should be okay now. It was nice to hang out with you guys again. :)
It's been a good week, and I would love to sit here and ramble on about many other things, but right now the pressure is on for this Parasitology prac exam tomorrow... 30%. I am going to fail.
... really, I am.
This is impossible.
Why couldn't it be open book!?
I've never faced such a heavy graded exam being so unprepared. Even if I had spent this entire week at home, I still doubt I will be able to do well.
Identifying parasites = much failure.
But, I shall spent this afternoon and evening head down in the books, and try to memorise as much as I can. One more week of classes, then I am done. By the 27th, the degree is finished.
Godspeed!
You!
Black Emperor!

2 comments:
Such adventures Jen!
You're costume looked great!
Oh yeah, a friend of mine met some dude called rob at Amplifier last night, turns out he's from the band Machinehead and they had beer with him for like, 4 hours
OH MY GOD!
Robert Flynn!??
Who is this friend!? That's so awesome! :O
Post a Comment