Monday, January 5, 2009

It would have happened anyway.

Aw, well happy new year, welcome to '09.

1:25am, the house is quiet and I am sitting awake, listening to Mogwai. The hectic holiday season is over, and now we enter the new year with full plans and open arms. It is hard to believe that Uni starts up again only next month, I am looking forward to it very much... my contact hours will have gone from my average of ~20 hours a week to a mere single digit thanks to the self-study regime of a Philosophy course. A little lighter load, but still very interesting and full of ideas to take hold of.

Only a month till I have that awkward first sight of Paul Macdonald, who was the one who inspired and talked me into taking on board the extra degree.

Christmas was nice, as was New Years Eve. Those, alongside the various social outings and the trip to South Australia, I am welcoming these quiet days for personal reflection and relaxation.

Our Soundwave tickets arrived in the mail today, so now Mike and I both have our gateway to what will be an incredible day of music. I still haven't figured out my plans for band timetable, I might just wander off and try to see as much as I can. I MUST still purchase tickets for Mogwai and Cult of Luna. But, in being able to afford to: I must get a job.

Yes, yes, I've been claiming this for a while, but, I have now begun a -somewhat- actual search. I may call PathWest and see if I can get a job there as a lab worker, as they have 24 hour labs that allow for nightshift work too, which would be most ideal. I WILL call..... sometime this week... I still haven't made up a resume yet, and I need to get a Uni transcript to ensure I have means of proving my completion of the degree. Sigh. So much business put into getting a job, I am losing motivation already.

Oh my, the bed looks so comfy, I cleaned my room just a short while ago, so the bed is actually clear of clutter and my book is currently placed on top of my pillow, ready for me when I call it a night. I've somehow accumulated quite a few pillows too.. 5, actually. To which I only use one. :/ But, that is not really important, just an odd observation.

Below is a photo of my Dad and I at his 60th birthday party. I have quite a few photos actually from my trip, but most were just me taking photos on the train to pass the time.



I dont really have much planned for the rest of the holidays. This time last year I was in a state of incredible anticipation and excitement about Dream Theater show, this January however I shall live with only but the memories. ^.^

2 comments:

Elias said...

=D You've got your degree now Jennos, the world is your Oyster!!

k go

:p

Best of luck!!

Jen said...

Hehe, cheers Roberto!!

^___^