Friday, December 28, 2007

Bad start to the day.

11:53am:
I awoke not 10 minutes ago from a glorious sleep, dreams were in abundance, the sheets were cool and comfy, eyes opening up to what was promising to be a good day of relaxing about and work. Eyes searched around the room, wondering what it is I should do first after getting out of bed. But then the eyes... the eyes... they moved upwards to the ceiling. What they saw could and did disrupt what was my peaceful wake-up... a spider. No, not a daddy-longlegs, not a little brown spiderling (of which all could have been potentially dangerous and equally terrifying)... no... it's a big fucking black spider. Bigger than what I have seen for a while. It was moving.... ever so slightly, at a 90' angle to my body laying down.

11:56am:
So... the plan. The plan is to wait for Jason or Eric to wake up, so I can ask for their help in the action against said spider. I hear no movement from their rooms, I hope they wake soon. I keep looking at the damn thing, even as I am typing. It has stopped moving.

I could grab a broom and try to carry it outside, but I do not want to risk the event of me freaking out and dropping the broom, therefore dropping the spider to run off into an unknown hiding place, giving it further advantage to my mental torture. I cannot spray it with Baygon, as it will drop onto my bed, my PILLOW, and proceed to die.... I can't sleep on fabric to which a spider of that nature has been on.

I wonder what it was doing before I woke up. I wonder how it got there. This is a relatively clean place... the only thing I can think of is the fire heater thing I have in my room... but even that got a thorough spraying as soon as I moved in...

12:09pm:
This is ridiculous, I am so much bigger than it. How can something so small have such an impact on my fear. But then again, it is not only the small eight legged demons that haunt me, I do not agree entirely with the giant that is a Whale Shark... all getting swallowed up on it its giant gaping mouth... they are peaceful.... but, they could swallow you whole by mistake... left to rot in in the back of its mouth, unable to swim out because of the water current floating inwards. You are found, as the whale is killed, a bloated decaying corpse... who died alone in the body of a whale...

12:20pm:
I took a photo of it at full zoom so I can send it to Adam in revenge of 5'oclock Charlie. Bad idea. More hideous on camera, opened the photo up full screen. D: It's an actual thing. The legs... one of us will not see the next hour.

Someone once told me I should never kill a spider, that they are gentle creatures who care only for themselves and their next feed. They do not care of the lumbering giants that are us humans, only when provoked. I think poking it with a broom is seen as a provoking... I just want to drink my tea and listen to some music in peace! I'm fucking sick of this already. I need to wash my hair for work. The spider has moved across from the bed, if I spray, it drops onto the floor.... I could kill it in time. It's moving. That's it, I'm going in.

12:38pm:
It is dead. Oh god, I'm shaking. My nerves are shot. It is dead. I have the bitter taste of Baygon on my tongue, god fucking bless that beautiful poison.




I filmed it, now I can look at that whenever a spider needs to be killed, and have the powerful knowledge that I can actually do it... and for your sick amusement.

Now to dispose of its carcass with the aid of a broom.

Yippee-ki-yay.... motherfucker.

No comments: